Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Our Sleep Training Journey :: Day 8

We have officially crossed the one-week mark.  For the first night in quite a few posts, I feel like we made solid progress last night!  I am so excited to finally be able to write those words.  I understand that in the grand scheme of things, this is short term, but while in the thick, it sure feels long.

Here is the summary of the night:

8:02 - I put Natalie in bed, she did not fuss at all.
8:09 - Asleep

10:38 - Dreamfeed (At this feeding I have started letting her eat as long as she wants to in hopes that she "stocks up" for the night.  I don't mind this feeding since it is nice to sit in her quiet dark room before heading to bed.)

11:14 - Cried for a minute and went right back to sleep

3:15 - Dreamfeed for 4 minutes (this is the feeding I am going to work on weaning first)

6:00 - Natalie woke up, sat up and began protesting.  She was pretty worked up but settled down after 5 minutes, laid down 3 minutes later and was back asleep shortly after.

7:15 - Pseudo dreamfeed - she woke up while eating for the day

Natalie slept with minimal interruption for 10 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Now if we can just get rid of that middle of the night feeding and keep this sleep pattern, we will be in business.

Thank you for following our journey and for the support!!  I am hoping this is the start of a trend with Miss Natalie :-)

8 comments:

  1. Very happy for you, Heather! I know this part of it seems like it takes FOREVER and that nothing is happening..but just look on "paper"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that I'm blogging this journey so I can do that. Otherwise, I wouldn't notice all the progress being made :-)

      Delete
  2. You are getting there! I am so happy that this is working for you! The middle of the night feeding was the hardest with E too! She was only eating two ounces so it was clearly just habit! We worked and worked and then one day, poof she slept 8 hours then it's been a solid 12 every day after that! You are making some great progress and i am praying that soon this is all a memory as you all enjoy restful restorative sleep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the payers Sarah! I am ready for lots of restful restorative sleep ;)

      Delete
  3. yay!! Sounds like day 8 went pretty well :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it.