Monday, February 6, 2012

Our Sleep Training Journey :: Day 6

I think instead of Day 6 we should name last night, "Mommy fail". Again we are making baby-step progress, but I was not helping the situation one bit.

Here is the summary of our night:

7:55 - Natalie was in bed
8:10 - Asleep, with absolutely no crying

I put Claire to bed at 8:30, wrote yesterdays update and by 9:45 I could hardly keep my eyes open. Ryan noticed that I grabbed a blanket and put the recliner into recline mode. Since me falling asleep at this point is inevitable, he suggested that we should go to bed. He watched television in our room while I fell asleep in 3.2 seconds after my head hit the pillow. I had set my alarm for 11:00 pm, my first scheduled dreamfeed. Apparently, I was tired because Ryan said he did everything in his power to wake me up when the alarm went off and it just wasn't happening.

11:15 - Natalie woke up screaming, which woke me up and then I finally turned the alarm off (sorry Ryan!). She screamed for 4 minutes before settling back down. I was going to wait for 10 minutes of silence before entering her room to make sure she was actually asleep before dreamfeeding. I didn't set the alarm (obviously wasn't thinking there) and went back to sleep myself.

2:35 - Natalie cried, I woke up and realized that I had totally skipped her first dreamfeed. I really needed to feed her!
2:45- Dreamfed her for 7 minutes (instead of the scheduled 3) since I needed her to eat longer for my sake.  I also was feeling awful about skipping the first feeding and wanted to let her eat as much as she would have if we had done the 4 minute and 3 minute feedings.
2:52 - Put Natalie in bed, somewhat awake.  She rolled over and went right back to sleep.

6:15 - Dreamfeed for 4 minutes

7:45 - I woke Natalie up for the day.

The good news is that she went 7 hours between feedings.  This is a stretch that I didn't think she was capable of.  We also only had two dreamfeedings throughout the night.  However, I am a bit worried that I set us back with my longer feeding and sleeping through the first dreamfeed.

We are nearing in on a week since we began the sleep training, I sure hope that things really start to click this week!  We should be done with at least one dreamfeed in the next few days.

1 comment:

  1. Oh mama, you're doing so good! You're so tired, poor girl. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it.