Friday, November 4, 2011

Top 5 Saturday Laughs



Photobucket
I am so excited to share these this week as it has been an exceptionally funny week at our house.  I think I could have written a Top Five for nearly every single day this week!  Here are my favorites for you.

5.  Ryan made homemade chicken noodle soup this week.  Having a toddler, we don't normally use too much seasoning since she is rather picky. While we were eating dinner, Claire took the salt shaker (which is a grinder) and shook it over her soup.  She then took a bite and said, "It's not so yucky anymore." I sure hope Ryan will still cook dinner ;)

4. Natalie has taken to undoing her diaper.  The second she can get her hands on it, she is successfully unfastening the tabs.  We are now keeping a onesie on her at all times!  She of course, thinks it's so funny and laughs when you she does it (or maybe at our reaction).

3.  During one of the morning visit to Natalie's crib.  Claire yells out to me, "Mom - come in here, hurry up, see what Natalie is doing."  I came in the room and Claire enthusiastically exclaims, "Mom, she said Claire!!!"  She was very excited and it was adorable!

2.  Ryan was carrying Natalie forward facing and must have moved her diaper to the side in the process.  She of course had a massive messy diaper.  I was getting Claire around for her bath and heard a 'splat', followed by Ryan, "I need a little help here."  I took Natalie from him to clean her up.  She didn't get a drop on her onesie, but left a present for Ryan on his hand and shirt.  He proceeded to clean the floor, but when he bent over 'the present' transferred from his shirt to his pants.  While I was changing Natalie's diaper and was literally crying over the situation.

1.  This goes with #2, but requires a little back story.  That same day, we running SO late in the morning.  We are typically somewhat late, but that morning we were REALLY late.  We rushed out the door and to the car.  Claire always climbs in her seat while I put Natalie in the other side.  I came around to Claire's side and turned on her DVD player and closed the door.  I neglected one thing, I forgot to buckle her in!!  We were about two miles down the road and Claire yells, "Mommy, you forgot to buckle me up!"  I quickly pulled over and buckled her up, apologizing profusely and thanking God that nothing happened.  So obviously, that's not funny.  The funny part happened while we were cleaning up the mess from #2, we overheard Claire in the living room playing with her baby, "I'm SO sorry that I forgot to buckle you up baby."  I don't think I will EVER forget that again!

Make sure you go over and visit Melissa's blog The Mommyhood Chronicles  she is hosting this great blog hop and had some really funny things that happened in her house this week.

10 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! These are hysterical. Pee in the pants funny. Ryan must have had a heart attack with poop all over! I would have. Love the part where Claire gets excited that she was asked for. Too cute! And don't worry, I made the mistake before too. Thankfully, it took me a minute and stopped just like you did. Too funny that she keeps taking off her diaper too. Poor mommy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it funny and scary all at the same time when you over hear your kids and their toys playing and talking and repeating what you have said to them! Hehehe too funny, sounds like a great week in your house :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I laughed pretty much the whole time reading your top 5!

    I too have forgotten to buckle up a kid. Scary but I think most of us do it at least once.

    Claire is awesome with what she says. The soup...priceless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha about #2! too too funny.

    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  5. What cute little girls you have! Came over from the blog hop and did not realize we all had to submit something funny. Umm, I will need to work on that. I am a new follower thru GFC and would love a follow back when you get the chance. Thanks so much and have a great day!

    Mary@http://www.mmbearcupoftea.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, number two about killed me from laughing! Haha! So funny! new follower!

    --Sandy
    www.AsToldByMommy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. THANK YOU!!! Following you GFC back now!! Cute post!!! I will follow you Twitter as well!!! MamaLuvsBooks

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so relieved mu little ones never figured out how to take off their diapers! Well actually my little guy is only 18 months so I guess there is time! Thanks for stopping by I'm now following back!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do not know how I wasn't following your blog! Bad friend! But here I am, I have lots of catching up to do!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this whole post! So adorable! I'll definitely be joining in next Saturday. So funny about what Claire said about the chicken noodle soup. lol.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it.