Sunday, November 13, 2011

Happy 7 Months Miss Natalie!

It's hard for me to keep up with this girl!  She is so busy and is trying so hard to keep up with her big sister.  The last month passed so quickly and it's hard for me to believe that it's time to write yet another update!!

Here are some of the months milestones that haven't been previously blogged about (check out my Top 5 Saturday Laughs)
  • Natalie is a professional army crawler/swimmer.  She looks to be swimming as she stretches her arms out to get places.  She is up quite a bit on her hands and knees but is faster with the army crawl so prefers that method at this point.


  • There is absolutely no more sit and play with this girl.  She has figured how to get from a sit to her belly and back to a sitting position again.  I was really hoping for a long stay a the sit and be content to play with a toy stage.
  • She has a very strong opinion at what she wants to play with.  If you take something away, she lets you know that she wasn't done with it yet.  She also watches where you hide things that she shouldn't be playing with in hopes of taking them back.
  • Natalie loves to play with Claire.  If Claire leaves the room, Natalie goes after her.  When Claire comes back, Natalie squeals in delight.
Playing on the 'couch bed' together
  • Baby purees are out of the question for this girl.  She would eat at most 10 bites of peas or peaches.  Everything else was about 3 bites. Over the last week and a half we have been experimenting with soft solids.  She absolutely loves eating real food and especially loves feeding herself.  She has now had mandarin oranges, avocado, peas, carrots, green beans, bananas, strawberries, mac and cheese (noodles cut in thirds), yogurt and puffs.  She likes sitting down for dinner with us now.  I am so thrilled, baby food was a battle for a month or so!

  • She is becoming more vocal when Claire is around.  It is almost like she is trying to talk to her sister.  However, she jabbers much more when Claire isn't around (probably since it's hard to get a word in edgewise).
  • She has tried to pull herself to stand a couple times.  That freaks me out too much, she can't be old enough to do that already, right?

We are still waiting (not so patiently) for a couple milestones:

  • Sleeping through the night.  This is honestly getting worse.  The majority of the nights we are now up twice instead of once.  I pray nightly that she sleeps until 5:00 am.  I am at a loss on this one.  We have tried multiple theories, so if you have helpful and practical suggestions - let me hear them!
  • Those two bottom teeth!  Poor thing is a drool-ball and chews on everything in site.  They're not far off I would guess that by the next post she won't be toothless any longer.

10 comments:

  1. I cant believe shes 7 months old already! That went by fast! Seems like last month is when I saw you at Meijer and she was a newborn! Wow! :)

    That stinks that shes not sleeping through the night :( Have you tried to put her in her carseat and slowly rock her and leave her in an upright position? I know that sounds funny, but even babies that may not have reflux, sometimes are SUPER picky with that I have heard... isnt it strange how its a guessing game sometimes, as they cant tell us what they want, even after you have tried everything? Even though shes only 7 months, have you maybe tried a small "baby" or stuffed animal for her to hold? Landrick, to this day, still holds and goes to bed with the very first thing I bought when I found out I was pregnant. I went to Babys-R-Us and found this Wendy Bellissimo teddy bear that holds a blanket, and its no bigger than my hand. He seriously, wont go to bed without that thing :) I hope she settles down and starts sleeping longer and through the night for you soon!
    Heather H

    ReplyDelete
  2. A-dorable! :) She is seriously so cute! And I know what you mean.. I feel like Olivia just turned 9 months, and Friday was 10?! Yikes! And I hate to break it to you, but Olivia was starting to pull up at that age too :| Lol. Can't they stay still??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the new blog layout, it looks great! I have zero advice on the sleeping thing, but I hope you get some sleep soon! I didn't realize how close in age our daughters are...she is getting into everything too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We play soft music and have a light on. That seems to help a bit. We moved Logan to a toddler bed in his big brothers room to see if that would help both babies sleep better. So far, so good! The babes are not waking each other up.
    She is so cute. Love the pics of her getting into things :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. awww she's a doll! they sure grow up fast...

    sending some blog from your new follower. i hope you can follow me back too http://iamblissfullyloved.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Omgsh, she is SO cute! They both are! Hope you guys are having a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How did I miss this post! So sorry, I would have commented right away. She is so ridiculously cute! I love her in her high chair. She looks so big. Sttn will come.I love that she is an army swimmer. I wish we lived closer. Happy 7 months Natalie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can Natalie give Rebecca a few pointers the girl get seriously pissed because she wants to crawl and can't yet. She does get on all fours but so far nothing. She does scoot a little on her butt, but that is about it. Maybe she will just skip crawling since she likes standing much better.

    I'm sure the teeth are just waiting to pop. Our bottom 2 popped a week of each other.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay Happy Seven Months!! I love how my girls play together too! It is so cute :) Thanks for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it.