Saturday, October 1, 2011

Wow, a blog award!!?

I'm pretty new to this blogging thing.  I don't know how to make a fancy background, a cool graphic header or even a button to link to my page or connect to me on twitter or facebook.  I just like to write (blame it on my days of yearbook back in HS) and I like to talk - a lot.  This blogging thing is both, so I really enjoy it.

I was very surprised when a new friend of mine from twitter gave me a blogging award.  She has all those fancy things in a blog, including fun giveaways and advertisers.  I even had to ask her what I was supposed to do with the award, that's how new I am to this whole thing.  Here is a little bit about Melissa.  She has two kids that are very similar in age to Claire and Natalie so it is fun to hear their stories!  Her blog is http://www.the-mommyhood-chronicles.com/ make sure you go check it out.

So these are the awards that I was given:




After asking what I needed to do to 'accept' these awards, I discovered that I had to tell 7 things about myself so here it goes:

1.  I am recently addicted to twitter, it has surpassed my facebook on my most frequented sites on the Google Chrome browser.
2.  I have a degree in mathematics and a statistics minor, however I sell brick and stone for a living.  
3.  My favorite part of my job is putting all the colors of an exterior together - so un-math like.
4.  The hubs and I have been together for 12.5 years and married for 7.
5.  I buy my girls clothes because I hate shopping for myself since nothing fits and their stuff is SO much cuter.
6.  I don't tighten caps on anything and it drives my husband crazy.
7.  I have a hard time taking me-time.  I have horrible mom-guilt about working full time so any time away from work I want to spend with my girls.

Now I get to pass these awards on to some other bloggers who I love to read, make sure you check out their blogs :)

http://confessionsofamagnoliamom.blogspot.com
http://melissadell.com/

Thanks again for the awards Melissa!!

3 comments:

  1. Love this! Thanks for the shout out! Twitter also surpassed my fb and I was addicted to fb:) and guess what, I have a minor in math,lol. Were very much alike:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your award! Happy blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. new follower :) congrats on the awards and your girls are too cute

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it.