Friday, August 10, 2012

Top Five Saturday Laughs :: 8.11.12

I'm having such a hard time realizing that it is Friday since I've been off of work since Wednesday.  What a great problem to have!!  We took the kids on a mini-vacation to a hotel/waterpark in Frankenmuth.  More on this later, but here are some of our laughs from the past week.

5.  On our way to Frankenmuth, Claire was a little tired since she hadn't napped in the afternoon.  I caught her beginning to dose.  A minute later, she strikes up a lively conversation to try an keep herself awake.  It was funny to see her figure it out, but seriously, why don't kids like to nap?!

4.  Natalie does absolutely everything that her sister does.  She's a little copy cat.  Claire was having a tantrum, so Natalie crossed her arms in front of her body and began to pout.  When I asked her if she was going to have a tantrum like her sister, she grinned and shook her head yes.  Thankfully that was as far as the tantrum went, this time.

3.  I had asked Claire to be quiet, which happens often in our world.  This particular time she was upset so I stuck my tongue out at her to try and distract her from being mad.  She waved her arms like an umpire calling a base runner safe at home, looked me dead in the eyes and said, "not funny mommy, I'm upset!"

2.  When you ask Natalie what sound a monkey makes, she exclaims "OH, ohhh!"  It is so stinking adorable!

1.  Claire and I were playing Cinderella.  She was Cinderella and I was the fairy godmother.  I had just transformed her into a beautiful princess and told her that she had to be home by the stroke of midnight.  She replied that was much too late, her bedtime was at eight o'clock!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!  I appreciate you reading my laughs :)  If you want to enjoy more laugh posts, check out Melissa from The Mommyhood Chronicles and all the other funny posts.

7 comments:

  1. So glad you're getting some extra time this week with the girls! It sounds like construction has definitally started to pick back up in MI with all of the long days you've been putting in! Love Natalie copying Claire's tantrum! Does it make Claire even more angry? #1 is hysterical! What a silly girl!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things have been busy, we are busy promoting the business so we are in a good position when things come back stronger too :) Claire seems unfazed by the whole mimic thing in the middle of the tantrum. Too bad it doesn't make her stop!!

      Delete
  2. #4 has happened to me before too! It cracks me up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love that she corrected your bedtime! How cute are your girls! Visiting from the top 5 laughs hop. www.wegotthefunk1.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol so cute! Breanna tends to talk like that when we pull into our driveway like she wasnt sleeping

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness. We have the same exact thing with H napping in the car. THe minute she falls asleep- she has to wake herself up. LOL! Aw I love that they copy each other- true sisters! you should get video of N saying Ooaa- so stinkin cute! LMAO at #1. SUch cute laughs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! I hope you enjoyed reading this as much as I enjoyed writing it.